Sunday, February 26, 2012

Diaper Bag

The diaper bag in our house is always being reorganized.  As the kids' needs change, things get added or removed.  I try to keep the diaper bag stocked and ready to go at all times.  This way, we can just grab it and go.  Usually, all I need to add are baby bottles and sippy cups and we are out the door!


I got our diaper bag a few years ago from Babies R Us.   I find it works really well for us.  If we need more room in the bag, it has a zipper you can unzip that expands the bag for a little more room.  We've packed a lot of stuff into this poor bag and it has held up for almost 3 years now. 
 

Here is a list of things we keep in our diaper bag currently:

Diaper Changing:
- Diapers
- Pull ups
- Wipes
- Wet Ones (in case of diaper changes where there is no place to wash your hands after!)
- Diaper rash cream
- Bags for dirty diapers in a dispenser
- Bag refill for bag dispenser
- Toilet seat covers
- Change of clothes for each kid, in a cloth bag
- Changing pad 



I keep a change of clothes for each kid in cloth bags.  I used to used zipper storage bags but they would always fill up with air and I'd end up with a lot of wasted space in the diaper bag.  I found myself always opening them to squish the air out and then resealing them.  With cloth bags the clothes stay together with no wasted air space.


Each kid gets pants, a shirt, and a pair of socks.  My youngest gets a small toque, just in case.  I also pack a sleeper for my youngest.  That way, if we are out late, I can always change him into his pj's so he is ready for bed when he gets home. 

Eating:
- Bibs
- Spoon
- Fruit snacks
- AVENT formula container with snacks
- Water bottle (for me or to refill sippy cups as needed)




Since my youngest no longer drinks formula, I use the formula container for snacks.  I find it nice because you can just shake out what you need and there are less chance of spills.

Medicine and Such:
- Tylenol (in a zippered bag, in case of leaks)
- Band aids
- Shampoo and lotion (in a zippered bag, in case of leaks). Weird addition to the diaper bag, I know.  Sometimes our day trips turn into overnight trips and I find it handy to have an option to bath the kids before bed.
- Extra zippered bags for soiled clothes
- Thermometer
 

I like having our diaper bag always stocked.  This way, I don't have to try and remember what else is needed right before leaving the house.  I always forget something if it's not ready to go!

What are your must have's in your diaper bag?  

As Always,
Sandra


IHeart Organizing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!...