Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Purge

I'm slowly going through our house finding things donate, sell or trash.  In the summer, we plan to have a garage sale to clear out some of the unneeded and unwanted items in our house.  For the last few weeks, I've been going through items in the kitchen and asking:

1) Do I use this item often?

2) Is this item in good working condition?

3) Do I like this item?

If any of the answers are "no", then I seriously ask myself why I have the item and if I can live without it.  Asking myself these questions, I've packed 3 diaper boxes and 3 Rubbermaid tubs full of stuff for the garage sale.


Last night I looked through my clothes closet.  Using the same three questions above, I managed to get rid of two piles of clothes.  Sometimes I found myself asking why I still have the item of clothing.  Why didn't I get rid of it sooner???  

I find it easier to get rid of items if I take baby steps.  For example, last night I purged the closet and this morning I found a few more items from the closet to add to the pile.  Sometimes it is easier to do a quick purge then add more items after I sleep on it.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas that you use purge items in your home?


As Always,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!...