Monday, January 20, 2014

My First Craft Show

My First Craft Show
At the end of November (2013) last year, I attended my first craft sale as a vendor.  In September of 2013, I was approached by someone on Etsy to join a craft show they were organizing.  I thought I would give selling at a craft sale a try.

I didn’t plan to have my Etsy shop open before the end of 2013, but I opened in September.  I decided to open my shop before everything was fully ready. I was still figuring out and learning things about my shop when I was invited to join the craft sale.  But I figured I would give the sale a try and I hoped to gain more knowledge and see how the public responded to my products.

I went back and forth about whether I should write this post or not.  The truth is the craft show was not a financial success for me so I was not sure if I was ready to share that or not.  I didn’t want my shop or my first craft show to be a failure.  But looking back on my first craft sale, I learned so much.  I felt I needed to share my mistakes as well as what worked well for me.

Here are some photos from a practice set up for my show, which I set up in my office/studio…

Craft Show Setup

Display Props for Craft Show

Wool Dryer Ball Craft Show Display

Business card holder

Wool Dryer Balls in basket for craft sale

Wedding Favor Lavender Sticks

Lavender Sachets

Lavender Sachets and Lavender Buds

Lavender Sachet Display for Craft Show

Coming up, I’ll share my advice for getting ready your first craft show and sale, as well as what I will do differently for the next craft show I attend.

As Always,
Sandra

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first craft show Sandra! Of the few I have done none of them have been a financial success either but I did learn a LOT! It depends on the demographic of the people, where it is and how much advertising is done (all of which you don't usually know beforehand and have no control of!) Your set up is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey! I appreciate your feedback and made sure to check out your blog for craft show ideas when I was planning my table. You have lots of great ideas! Thanks :)

      Delete

Your comments are welcome!...