Monday, October 22, 2012

Blog Planner

One area of my life I knew I needed to organize is this blog.  I want to be a more organized blogger, since this blog is mostly about… you guessed it… organizing!

I’m the kind of person who likes to use paper lists.  I love the feeling of checking off a project on a “To Do” list.  I feel like I’m getting somewhere and I’m actually completing something.

I’ve toyed with the idea of creating my own blog planner printable.  I was unsure how to put it together and what areas I needed to include.  So I took to the internet to see what other are using.  I came across this great FREE blog planner from Jolanthe at Homeschool Creations.

simpleispretty.com: Blog Planner

Jolanthe’s blog planner includes (as listed from her website):
  • 12 month-at-a-glance pages with a monthly focus list
  • room to track reviews and giveaways
  • space to jot notes and ideas
  • weekly post trackers, including social media reminders
  • monthly website analytics tracker: RSS, Facebook, Twitter, etc…
  • a place to keep track of affiliate program info
  • a Twitter hashtag tracker {because there are lots!}
  • weekly blog meme tracker
  • mileage sheet {who thought blogging might involve driving?}
  • website username & password sheet {I can’t remember them all!}
  • and room to jot down all those wonderful post ideas
I love the colors and fonts she used to create the planner.  So Pretty!  Not to mention how simple it is to use and the planner has everything you need to organize your blog!

Here is how I put my Blog Planning Binder together…

1. First grab a binder.  I used a 2” Avery Heavy Duty Robuste white binder.  I opted for a 2” binder so I can store all my blog ideas in one place.  But a 1” binder will also do the trick.  The Avery Heavy Duty Robuste binder also has enough room so the dividers won’t stick out and get wrecked.

2. Next, I added 3 packages of dividers.  I love the pop of color and decided to add Avery Big Tab Insertable Plastic Dividers (8 Tab).  In the end, I have 24 different sections to my binder.

simpleispretty.com: Dividers

3. Print out Jolanthe’s Pretty Blog Planner here.  Next, hole punch the printable blog planner to fit in the binder.

4. Print out the divider labels using the instructions on the package.

simpleispretty.com: Divider Labels

I have a divider for each month of the year.  The section for each month includes Jolanthe’s monthly calendar page, review/giveaway & notes page and weekly schedule page.

The other sections (dividers) in my binder include:
  • Websites & Blogs – includes Jolanthe’s “Website & Blogs” & “Link-ups to Participate” page
  • Website Analytics – includes Jolanthe’s “Website Analytics” page
  • Website Enhancements
  • Mileage Tracker – includes Jolanthe’s “Milage Tracker” page
  • Income & Expenses – includes Jolanthe’s “Income and Expense” & “Affiliate Programs” page
  • Shopping Ideas & Wish List
  • Home Project Ideas – includes Jolanthe’s “Ideas in my head…” page
  • Twitter – includes Jolanthe’s “Twitter Hashtag Tracker” page
  • Facebook
  • Pinterest
  • Blog Post Ideas – includes Jolanthe’s “Ideas in my head…” page
You can make as many sections as you like.  I’m hoping to keep everything for my blog in this one binder so I added lots of sections.

5. To customize my binder I added some scrapbook paper to the front plastic cover. I just trimmed the paper to the right size and slid it underneath the title page Jolanthe created.

simpleispretty.com: Blog Planner Cover Page

I printed a duplicate copy of the cover page and cut it down to fit the spine of the binder.  I also lined the spine and back cover with the same patterned scrapbook paper as the front cover.

simpleispretty.com: Blog Planner Binder Spine

Here is how it turned out…


simpleispretty.com: Blog Planner Binder with Dividers

simpleispretty.com: Blog Planner Binder Calendar


How do you organize your blog?  Do you prefer to have something paper to refer to and check off?  Or do you use a program on your phone, iPad or computer?

As Always,
Sandra

UPDATE: Now updated with 2014/2015 calenders.

4 comments:

  1. Such a great resource! I keep everything in my file drawer in my desk and it seems to work well, but those printables may tidy things up a bit for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the binder is working GREAT! So much better than the system I had before, which was post its and random notes and thoughts everywhere. Thanks for stopping by Shauna! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing!! :) And I just updated the yearly calendars at the front with 2014/15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! Thanks Jolanthe! Love your planner :)

      Delete

Your comments are welcome!...