Monday, February 4, 2013

Leftover Lemons...

simpleispretty.com: Leftover Lemons... Clean your Microwave


I usually have fresh fruit on hand in my house.  I love how lemons look sitting in a bowl on my kitchen cupboard.  But the truth is, I usually end up throwing out lemons - I run out of ideas of what to do with them.

simpleispretty.com: Lemons in Basket


So in an effort to use up some lemons, I decided to try cleaning my microwave using one.

I'm usually very good about keeping our microwave clean.  I try to wipe it down after every use and use microwave covers.  But it has been a while since it has had a deep clean.

Here is what I did...

Simply cut a lemon in half and place it in a microwaveable bowl or mug with water.


simpleispretty.com: Lemon on Cutting Board


Cook it in your microwave for a few minutes so it can make steam and loosen all dried on grossness.

You can even let it sit in the microwave for a few minutes.  Be careful when removing the lemon water from the microwave - as it can be extremely HOT! Wipe the inside of the microwave with a cloth while the inside is still steamy.

Quick and simple.  And now my kitchen smells clean and fresh!

What are some of your leftover lemon uses?

As Always,
Sandra

2 comments:

  1. I discovered this tip a few years ago and it works like a charm. Anything to help clean the microwave easy and quick is great in my books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely into easy and quick solutions! Thanks Shauna :)

      Delete

Your comments are welcome!...