Thursday, March 7, 2013

Keep Picture Frames Straight


simpleispretty.com: Keep Picture Frames Straight

One thing that drives me crazy is a crooked picture on my wall.  To be honest, I don’t notice crooked pictures when I’m at someone else’s home.  But it is one of those weird things that I always notice in my own home.  If I’m sitting and watching TV on the couch and I notice a leaning picture out of the corner of my eye, I find myself walking over to fix it.

I’m not sure about you, but depending on the picture frame, straightening the frame can be a frequent occurrence.  Some picture frames have a hard time staying straight, and after a week they can be found crooked on the wall again. 

I have a secret weapon to keep my picture frames on my walls straight. 

simpleispretty.com: Poster holder

Kind of weird I know.  Here is my secret…

simpleispretty.com: Poster Putty

All you need to do is place a tiny amount of Poster Putty (or Sticky Tac) on the back bottom corners of the picture frame and press the frame against the wall.  This will usually keep your pictures from having to be readjusted.  If the frame is larger, you may need to place the putty in all four corners of the picture frame.

simpleispretty.com: Poster Putty ball

Sticky tac on picture frame
This works well, especially for wall arrangements.  I used it on the pictures in my dining room.

simpleispretty.com: Dining Room Pics

Poster Putty also prevents the marks from pictures rubbing on the wall.  If the frame rubs on the wall, little marks can appear in the bottom corners where the frame hits the wall.  Not good, if you like to rearrange your frames once in a while.  Depending on the mark, a little elbow grease and a wet cloth can remove the mark.  If not, repainting may be the only way to remove the marks.

simpleispretty.com: Mark on Wall from Picture

Try using my Poster Putty trick and prevent those awful marks before they appear!  What are your tips for picture hanging and arranging?

As Always,
Sandra

I'm closing comments for this post due to numerous spam comments.  If you would like to comment or ask a question, please contact me at sandrapaul@live.ca.  Thanks!

Simple is Pretty Parties Here…

No comments: