Friday, June 7, 2013

Decision… White Towels?

I’ve struggled with this decision for years.  Invest in white towels or not.  I’ve heard mixed reviews on keeping white towels looking clean, bright and fresh looking.  The last thing I want is stained or grey marked white towels.  YUCK.

I decided to take the plunge.  I looked a little online to get an idea of prices to replace all the towels in our house.  I scared myself.  I’ve never bought bath towels for our house.  Our collection of towels was a colorful and eclectic mix of house warming gifts, grad gifts (graduating from high school, yep that old), and towels my husband had before we got married.  On my last visit to Costco, I came across some white towels and checked out the price.  I couldn’t believe it…

Wash Cloths (24 pack) for $12.79 or $0.53 each
Hand Towels (12 pack) for $18.49 or $1.54 each
Bath Towels (6 pack) for $25.49 or $4.25 each

White Towels

The towels are nothing fancy.  Plain white 100% cotton towels.  I’ve used them for a couple months now and I’m really impressed with them so far.  They are soft and are holding up well.  Still looking CLEAN! 

I’ve retired all our old towels into rags.  My new towels make laundry easier.  They all get detergent and a little bleach.  No need to sort different colors to different bathrooms, since all our bathrooms get the same white towels.

Best part… I was able to replace all the towels in our house and didn’t break the bank!  If these white towels don’t work out for us, I don’t feel so bad since I was able to get 6 bath towels for the price of 1 towel at another store.  CRAZY!

Check out my advice for washing towels, click here.

As Always,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!...