Thursday, August 8, 2013

Alcohol to Remove Ink Labels

I like to reuse containers but I don’t like looking at the original ink labels after I use the containers for something else.

Remove Ink Labels from Containers www.simpleispretty.com
Here is a simple way to remove ink labels.  I have used this method to remove labels from soap containers, milk jugs, plastic baby formula containers, and many other plastic food containers that I have re-purposed and reused around my house.

Here is what you’ll need:

Make-up remover pads, Kleenex, paper towel or other disposable cloth (I prefer make-up remover pads because they hold up well with scrubbing and absorb the alcohol easier)

Rubbing Alcohol

Rubbing Alcohol www.simpleispretty.com

Just pour a little rubbing alcohol on the make-up remover pad.  Next, scrub off the ink label.  Some labels take longer than others to come off.  You may need to take a new make-up remover pad and wet it with new alcohol a couple of times depending on the amount of ink to remove and how fast the alcohol evaporates.

Alcohol Removes Ink Labels from Containers www.simpleispretty.com

I like to re-purpose containers lying around my house.  I used this washed milk jug to mix and store my Homemade Laundry Detergent. 

Expiry Date Label on Milk Container Removed www.simpleispretty.com

Check out this post to see how to remove stickers or residue left behind from stickers and labels. 

What kind of containers do you re-purpose around your house?

As Always,
Sandra

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great tip! I didn't know it would take those off - I made milk jug luminaries last year and was so annoyed with the ink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,

    I never thought of using alcohol to remove ink labels. Thanks for the tip. :)

    - Erin

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome!...