Sunday, September 8, 2013

My NEW and First Etsy Shop!

I’ve been wanting to open my own shop for years now.  I’ve finally taken the plunge and opened my very first Etsy shop!  I’d love for you to visit!

Cream Wool Dryer Ball 1.25oz from SimpleisPrettyShop http://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/SimpleisPrettyShop

Check out my Etsy shop here... http://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/SimpleisPrettyShop

I made my first product listings yesterday.  This is a big step for me because I like to have things perfect.  And things are far from perfect.  I don’t even have business cards yet!  I decided that even though I’m not 100% ready to be open (in my eyes), what business is ever 100% ready to be open when they open their doors for the first time?

This is huge learning curve for me as I have never opened an Etsy shop or any other store for that matter.  I am excited and nervous and SCARED.  What if no one buys my products?  I know this is a common fear.  I’ve also read that it can take weeks and even months to get your first Etsy sale.  YIPES.  And I think this is one reason why I decided to open my shop when it is not 100% ready.  I tend to over think things.  I’m hoping that I will keep my mind occupied with making my products, figuring out the Etsy system and studying all the tips to becoming a successful Etsy seller.  Hopefully, that way, if I don’t get my first sale for a while I will still be busy. Having said that, if I do sell one of my products I will be thrilled and I'll figure things out quick ;)

So the first step, which is announcing my store is open is now completed.  Whew! A slight relief.

I’d love to hear your feedback about my Etsy store.  Both good and bad--although try to be gentle Smile

As Always,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!...