Tuesday, September 17, 2013

New Slipcovers…

Our old sofa and loveseat found a home in the office/bonus room of our new house.  This old furniture had seen better days.  We purchased it many years ago and was one of the first big purchases my husband and I made together.  It was time to give the poor things an update. 

Here is what our old sofa and loveseat looked like…

Couch Before from www.simpleispretty.com

Loveseat Before www.simpleispretty.com

I cheated.  I did not make time to sew slipcovers.  I ordered some from Surefit.net. (I have not been compensated or paid for this post, I'm just sharing a home solution that has worked for my house).

Upstairs slipcovers www.simpleispretty.com

Tuck Once Grips www.simpleispretty.com

I also got some “tuck once grips”.  Which are basically 3-sided plastic chunks to stick at the back of the seat cushions and around the sides.  I dislike having to re-tuck and rearrange slipcovers.  Since the kids were going to be using this room, I didn’t want to spend time daily re-tucking or fixing slipcovers or worse... I didn't want the slipcovers to get a loose edge caught on a toy and rip.

Here is the After…

Couch After www.simpleispretty.com

Loveseat After www.simpleispretty.com

I also decided to try out their futon and lift chair covers.  We have a futon in the basement that is in the kid’s play area.  We also have a lift chair stored in the basement for a family member when they come to visit.

Downstairs slipcovers www.simpleispretty.com

Since the futon is located where the kids play, I wanted to protect it and make it easier to clean.

Futon Before www.simpleispretty.com

The lift chair is bright red and sticks out like a sore thumb among our other furniture downstairs.  So to make both the futon and chair fit in, I decided to choose a dark brown fabric for both.

Downstairs Chair Before www.simpleispretty.com

Here is the After…

Futon After www.simpleispretty.com

Downstairs Chair After www.simpleispretty.com

So much better!  I’m glad I found a solution that works for us.  I’ve had the slipcovers for a few months now, and they are in great shape and fit well.  I took these pictures right after I took the slipcovers out of their boxes.  The wrinkles in the fabric have fallen out and are no longer there today.

Tell me about your slipcovering stories (homemade or purchased).  I’d love to see pics!

As Always,
Sandra

2 comments:

  1. Wow, had no idea about the tuck once grips -- what a great tip!! Thanks, Sandra! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I got them, they make all the difference. Thanks Casey!

      Delete

Your comments are welcome!...