Saturday, September 6, 2014

A little bit of lock picking…

So I just finished picking my first lock.  Who knew I had it in me?  Who knew this little thing would cause so much trouble?

A little bit of lock picking

Today, I got the unexpected opportunity to break into the china cabinet I had acquired from my aunt a few months ago.  The ordeal all started an hour ago when I decided to lock the door with its skeleton key.  This was the first time I tried locking the lock.  So instead of trying locking the lock with the china cabinet empty, my first try was after I had put in my new essential oil bottles and some new wool to create dryer balls.  Panic mode set in after I discovered the lock wasn’t working when I tried to unlock the cabinet to get some wool.  EEEK!

So after looking up unlocking skeleton key cabinets on Google, I decided to try my hand at picking the lock.  After many failed attempts and curse words, I finally got it unlocked.  Lesson learned – Don’t trust old locks.  I with I could say I learned a new skill.  Hopefully I won’t need to pick any locks in my future because, frankly, I stink at it.

On a side note, I have received my essential oil bottles and I’m currently working on designing labels.  I’m waiting on my shipment of essential oils, and they should be here next week and I will be able to begin packaging, photographing and listing them in my shop.  YAY!  I’m so exited!

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!...