Friday, May 4, 2012

Dining Room and Kitchen Paint Upgrade Complete!

I chose a color for the kitchen and dining room and completed the painting finally!  I chose Ozone from Behr in a Satin finish...


A few years ago, we did other renovations to the kitchen and dining room.  Check out how these rooms used to look when we moved in.


Before

Above is a before photo of our kitchen.  I wanted to brighten up the space and make it a little more modern and fresh.


After

Before the accents in the room were red and the linens were a light brown.  Now the accessories are blue and white, and white linens.  

Originally, I was worried our cabinets would look orange next to the blue, but instead the blue brings out their true color, burgundy.  I like how the new blue paint makes the white in the room Pop!  Our white appliances finally look like they belong in the space. 


Before


After

I relocated our huge plant that was on the right side of the fridge to the living room.  The poor thing was outgrowing the space and the pointy leaves would poke you in the eye when you walked past.  We relocated our water cooler to fill this space instead.


After


Before
 
After


After

Our IKEA pictures stayed in the same spot.  Since, they are on the wall behind the table they used to get bumped and would rub on the wall leaving a silver mark.  To fix this problem, I stuck down the two bottom corners of each picture with sticky tack to the wall.  This will hopefully prevent the pictures from leaving marks and will keep them straight!

This wall still seems a little bright and overpowering at times.  I think it is because it was such a neutral space for so long.  I'm still debating whether or not to repaint this one wall that has the IKEA pictures to more of a gray color instead to tone it down a bit.

Before


After

A few months ago, we also got a new stove.  I love our new stove, so much easier to clean!  Not to mention how much it brightens up the space and updates it.  

I'm very happy with how the completed space looks.  So much more fresh and clean!  Stay tuned for more projects including a menu chalkboard, china cabinet update, and garbage solution I completed to update this space!

As Always,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!...