Monday, August 27, 2012

House Tour 2012: Laundry Room

After

I can already hear the gasps!...

One area I'd love to fix in our house is our laundry room.  In its current state, it is definitely not pretty!  I love that our laundry is on the main level.  But here are the things I'd like to change:

  1. Matching washer and dryer (please don't make my mistake of only replacing the washing machine when it breaks, splurge before the dryer is discontinued!!!)
  2. Hide the water hoses for the washer (so ugly!)
  3. Add another cabinet for storage (we currently have a cabinet above the washer, but another cabinet right beside would be great for extra storage)
  4. Change the light switch to something more appealing (currently it has a timer which we never use and is beige and stands out like a sore thumb)
  5. Central Air instead of the window air conditioner we have stuck in the partially tin foil covered window (not attractive at all, but the cold air on hot summer days out-ways the current ugliness)


The paint color is Tabu 412-3 by Pittsburgh Paints.

Tabu 412-3


Here is the wall opposite the washer and dryer.  I love the color the pictures add to the space.


Transformation:

Before

After

Improvement is needed, and hopefully improvement will happen soon.  Now you know my ugly laundry room secret. 

As Always,
Sandra

4 comments:

  1. Your laundry room looks good next to a lot I see, including mine! I really need to paint and organize better. I wish I had more room, but I agree that a main floor laundry room is handy. Can't wait to see the transformation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shauna for your kind words! Have you decided on a paint color for your laundry room? I also wish I had more room, it is a small space with hardly enough room to turn around.

      Delete
  2. What an awesome transformation! I wish I had some natural light in my laundry room. It is the pass-through from the garage to the house and it can be so dim! However, it is on my list of to-dos, so thanks for your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelsey! Let me know how your laundry room transformation goes. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome!...