Tuesday, August 21, 2012

House Tour 2012: Master Bedroom & Bath

After

When we first moved in over 5 years ago our master bedroom was extremely different.  Oooo it was bad...

Before

Crazy light fixtures, window treatments and paint colors had invaded the house and weren't our style.  (I'm sorry previous owners, I don't mean to offend you, it's just not my taste)

Before

Gone are the mirrored closet doors, grungy carpet and brass finishes.

After

We repainted shortly after we moved in and used Pittsburgh Paints Woolen Vest 412-4.  On the walls, the green tone intensifies compared to looking at the paint swatch.  And the color changes throughout the day depending on the amount of light in the room.

Pittsburgh Paints Woolen Vest 412-4



We replaced the carpets with laminate flooring, which was a must for the whole main level as the previous owners had multiple pets.  Plus, the laminate flooring is so easy to clean, especially with 2 kids in our home.

The small white door leads to the 2 piece master bathroom.  The bathroom is quite small but it works...


I didn't have much storage in this tiny space so I picked up some small wire shelving from IKEA.  The shelving is attached to the wall with screws.  I placed some yellow patterned scrapbook paper in the front to hide some of the clutter and make them uniform.


On the wall, I put up a couple photos from our vacations to bring a little more yellow and personality into the space.


The transformation...

 Before

After

Before


After

Such an improvement over how our space looked in the beginning.  Still so many things I'd like to improve in this space.  My "To Do" list keeps growing!

As Always,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!...