Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Revealing My Mop…

{Drumroll} …

simpleispretty.com: Rubbermaid Reveal Mop

…Ta Da! 

I have been using my Rubbermaid Reveal Mop for about a year and it works great.  I love the fact I no longer have to buy refill cleaning pads.  (Just an FYI, Rubbermaid does not know me and I'm not getting anything from them to write this post.  I just want to share what makes sense for me and the cleaner I use).

Previously, I had a Swiffer Wet Jet.  I liked my Swiffer Wet Jet until it started to spray the cleaning solution all over the place.  But one thing I never liked about the Swiffer Wet Jet was the dependency on using their cleaning solution and pads.  Expensive!

In comparison, the Reveal Mop is much less expensive.  I make my own cleaning solution and the cleaning pads are reusable.  Just throw the cleaning pads in the washing machine.  I purchased 2 cleaning pads, so if one is in the wash I have another to use in case of spills and other cleaning emergencies (which happens a lot in our house).

The Reveal Mop's cleaning pad is larger than the Swiffer Wet Jet’s.  Which means… less time cleaning because I can cover more area with each sweep of the mop.

You can use a store bought cleaning solution or homemade solution with the Reveal Mop.

Here is the recipe for the cleaning solution I use:

simpleispretty.com: Rubbermaid Reveal Mop Cleaning Solution


1) Fill refill bottle to “water” line with water.
 
simpleispretty.com: Rubbermaid Reveal Mop Refill Bottle

2) Add 1 to 3 Tbsp of White Vinegar to refill bottle - Vinegar helps prevent streaks and also has strong antibacterial properties (the vinegar smell disappears, but if the smell is too much just decrease the vinegar amount in your solution).

simpleispretty.com: Vinegar

3) Add 1 Tbsp Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap to refill bottle.  I like the smell of Citrus Orange.  I bought online from Well.ca, but lots of stores carry it, including Amazon.ca.

simpleispretty.com: Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap

4) Add about 10 drops Tea Tree Oil to refill bottle.  Tea Tree Oil is an antibacterial and antifungal agent.  I bought online from well.ca, but tea tree oil can be found in most stores, including Amazon.ca.

simpleispretty.com: Tea Tree Oil

5) Put the lid on the refill bottle and give it a quick shake to combine the ingredients.  Place bottle on mop and you are ready to clean your floors!

simpleispretty.com: Rubbermaid Reveal Mop Refill Bottle



Quick, easy and inexpensive.  Also much better for the environment, much less waste!

simpleispretty.com: Rubbermaid Reveal Mop

What mop do you use?  What are your floor cleaning solutions?

As Always,
Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!...