Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Shopping Online to Save Time

Since I live in Alberta, sometimes it is hard to find stores to ship to Canada.  If the stores ship to Canada, it is usually for a steep price.  But more and more, I’ve noticed stores are making an effort to reduce shipping costs to Canada. 

I have 2 little boys under 4 years and I find it hard to shop in stores sometimes with them.  I save time shopping online so it makes sense to shop from home. 

Counting down… Here are my top 5 retailers I LOVE to shop online at:


#5) Please Mum (www.pleasemum.com)

I love Please Mum’s winter coats and ski pants. They are warm and stand up well to lots of use. They are the best winter clothes I have found for Canadian winters for kids.

Please Mum - blocked deepwinter parka - geometric print

This was my first year buying online from Please Mum, usually I buy in store. I decided to give it a try online. I waited for a 30% off sale, and a Buy One Get One 50% off sale. That way, I was able to buy a coat and ski pants at 30% off. I also got 2 hats and 2 pair of mitts 30% off, and using the Buy One Get One 50% off sale. I can never buy enough hats and mitts. It works out well to have multiples on hand in case they get wet from playing in the snow or get lost.

Shipping is usually free with orders over $50.  If you are able to wait, you can usually get the winter coats and accessories for at least 30% off.

#4) Walmart (www.walmart.ca)

Sadly, Walmart.ca does not offer many of their products online. But they do offer many baby items in their online store.

Pampers Cruisers Econo Pack Plus

I use Walmart.ca to purchase diapers. Reasonably priced and with free shipping I can purchase diapers for a decent price. Currently, a box of 160 Size 4 Pampers Cruisers costs $36.83 ($0.23 per diaper). I have seen a box of 160 for $33.88 ($0.21 per diaper).

Buying diapers online saves room in my shopping cart to grab other items when we are out shopping.  I have limited room once I stick my two kids in the cart, let alone room for huge boxes of diapers!

#3) Keurig (www.keurig.com)

With a Club Keurig discount you can get 10 – 15% off prices at Keurig.com.  To get the discount all you need to do is register.  You can also get one FREE 5-count K-Cup sample for every 6 K-Cup pack boxes you purchase.

When you register your brewer you are eligible to receive an offer for 2 free K-Cup (22, 24, 25 count) boxes with the purchase of 2 boxes.

Here are a few of my favourite coffees:

Van Houtte - Colombian Medium Coffee

Van Houtte - Mexico Coffee

#2) Well.ca (www.well.ca)

Good for all your random purchases to prevent you from having to make trips to multiple stores with kids. I find it exhausting having to get the kids out of their car seats and into the store, pick up one item, only to put them back in their car seats in a few minutes. I also save on fuel money because I get the items shipped to me and I don’t have to drive all around the city to find them.

Well.ca does offer free shipping on qualifying orders in Canada. They also offer a “Baby Club” and you are eligible for preferred pricing on products.

Here are a couple of my favourite buys from Well.ca (both products work well for my son who has sensitive skin and is prone to rashes and skin irritation):

Well.ca - Green Sprouts Disposable Compressed Wipes

Well.ca - Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Baby Wipes

Check back tomorrow for my number 1 pick for online shopping stores.  Just in time to get prepared for Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales!

What are your favourite stores to shop at online?

As Always,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!...